Business Analysis. Method without Madness
Effective business analysis is required before funding a project that impacts your business processes. For example, a system implementation, process automation, new process introduction, or a compliance initiative.
Business Analysis will ensure:
- Your needs and requirements are clearly specified
- You can quantify the benefits or return on investment of the desired solution
- You can deploy a solution with least risk, cost and duration
- Your solution is properly adopted by your users.
Many projects fail, because of inadequate business analysis. This is often because organizations lacks the relevant business analysis skills or the willingness to because to fund the business analysis phase of the project.
Effective business analysis will reveal
- Where things go wrong and why
- Wasted effort, time and cost
- Simplification options
- Automation options
- Behavioural change requirements
- New or modified processes
And will enable you to prepare a Statement of Work to deliver the required changes
This note describes the business process methodology that we use when planning CRM deployment for our clients.
The Business Analysis Process Map
We recommend Elements Cloud, a powerful and elegant process mapping application that is available at no charge and which integrates with Salesforce.com. We have created a business Process Map shown below that describes the Business Analysis process that you are welcome to use. If you would like complimentary access to this detailed process map, please register to access the Xenogenix Ltd map space by clicking on the following link: https://app.q9elements.com/signup?team=58bd8d063fa4ae054975b438&partner=XA1044
Here is an image of the process map that is available to you;